Bonjour Amigo.

Go. Make love.

Monday, August 1, 2011

One. My Wall.

I was so excited as today approached and then I became a little anxious thinking about what I might be able to accomplish as a part of the 31 day challenge. I was up bright and early to head off to work, and was exhausted the entire day. I had planned to venture out during my lunch break to see if anything might 'just happen.' .. I just ended up eating my pork sandwich on the couch outside my work.

After work, I had plans with Stacey to catch up and have dinner. Little did she know I secretly persuaded Lynn to come to dinner too. We all hadn't seen each other and properly caught up in a long time. Well overdue. It was a warm reunion. Stacey had a craving for Japanese cuisine, so I found a place on the corner of Lonsdale & Russel, and ate at Izakaya Chuji. Opportunity? Indeed! I have always ordered Katsudons, because I love it, and also because I have a goal to try the dish as many places as I can and judge which place is the best. It used to be ITO on Bourke, but under new management, I found the quality had fallen a little. So far, Yurikya in China Town takes the cake. So I ended ordering pan fried soba noodles, with vegetables and chicken - Yakisoba (chicken). It was my first time, and I must say it wasn't such a foreign taste. What was exciting was Lynn's entre order of Ox's tongue! Never had I had such an organ from any animal. Lynn loves it. I was so hesitant to put an animal's tongue to my own, and felt squirmish when it did make contact. Recalling the experience now, the thing that stood out the most was how chewy it was. I'm still squirmish ...

Home, finally, just past 9pm. I get into my room where mountains of clothes lie, piles of publications, baskets of stationary ... the never-ending chaotic clutterring .. Which I don't mind because I just remind myself of Einstein's quote,
"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"
Apart from my mess. My wall is something that defines me, my personality, my space. I've made a tradition out of changing the wall every year, before the summer begins, or when it's over. It's well past winter's half and the wall remained untouched. Bam. Decision made. I took down my wall. I think compared to other people's walls, I've made a sentimental association with mine. The past year, from about this time, everything seems to be shifting, changing, and I've been unsure, indecisive, and worst of all, been feeling so fragile. I hate feeling fragile. Taking down my year and half old wall, marks a decision. Accept and embrace change and carry the fuck on.








As for what will go up on the wall, that will slowly unravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment