Bonjour Amigo.

Go. Make love.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Three. Our Bike Night Out. (featuring some hot passion)

I would like to think that my out-of-the-ordinary checking of my student email last night is a sign of a growing motivation for uni.Good thing I did though, because I, with great joy discovered my morning class was cancelled and moved to tomorrow night. So Thursday will be one long ass day, but at least I was able to sleep in this morning. Sort of.

Tomorrow will be Jen's 22nd birthday, so I booked her out tonight because I will have uni the entire day and I assumed she would have plans anyway. We planned to use our free bike rental passes and have dinner at a french restaurant. I've never had an authentic french dish, so I was very much looking forward to this experience. I also decided that would be my new thing for the day.

Arriving in the city with Josh, I decided, in honour of the coming french dining experience to finally purchase a new bold colour lipstick. Hot Passion, it's called. The striking red was greatly contrasts against my skin, I loved it. Of course I've wanted to buy one for ages, which again prompts the question, why did I have to wait till this very moment, why create an official opportunity instead of just doing it. And again, who knows, who cares at the moment. After seperating with Josh, I met Jen in front of Don Don's where we strolled over to JWOW, had a drink and before setting out for our biking adventure.

We were originally told that any 7Eleven stocked the helmets for the rental bikes. To our dismay, we were misinformed and it wasn't until the 4th, or was it the 5th 7Eleven that we finally managed to get biking helmets. Jen had't ridden a bike in years, and wasn't confident biking on the road. We winged it on the path, I hoping, that no police were around to fine us, Jen, not caring if we did! HMPH! We cruised like the cool kids we are, down towards Alexander Gardens, to the NGV, then to wide open spaces surrounding ACCA, eventually coming across a cute little park besides an apartment residence. We played on the spinny thing till we were dizzy drunk, and lay in the pod-swing watching stars like lovers do. When I began to get goosebumps, and after being thrown off the spinny thing, getting bark all over me, and getting my feet black as soot from the bark, we left.

No longer was food on our mind. Not yet anyway. We biked along the city roads, like nomads. Until we found our way to Southbank, and biked alongside the Yarra River. We felt like dumplings then, french food no more, but then I remembered that it was $9 steak night at the Lions Hotel. Calling Josh ahead to order our dishes, we then raced back to the CBD. When we arrived at the pub, our dishes were ready!

SO, there was no french dining experience tonight. It was our biking experience that defined tonight, and defined our 3rd day of the challenge. Bike riding in the city, on a warm winter's night. It was thrilling, free and adventurous. Amen to Melbourne City Council for inventing such a cool system!













No comments:

Post a Comment